Bailey Nelson is hiring a Payroll Officer in Sydney. This role is part of the Finance Team and reports into our Senior Financial Accountant.
As a Bailey Nelson Payroll Officer you bring the joy to eyecare by managing the payroll process for Bailey Nelson employees in Australia and New Zealand and by managing associated factors impacting on pay, entitlements, conditions and procedures.
- Bailey Nelson (BN) started in 2012 at the Bondi markets and has grown into an international optometry and eyewear provider in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the UK.
- BN’s purpose is to bring the joy to eyecare and our vision is to become the most loved brand in optometry and eyewear.
- BN’s values shape our culture and our everyday actions - we celebrate being tightknit, being down to earth and constantly improving ourselves and BN’s customer experience.
- Set up and accurate processing of fortnightly payroll of up to 500 employees in Australia and New Zealand
- Check and follow up on timesheets
- Calculate and process all salary and wage increases, processing deductions, allowances, back pay and terminations accurately and timely
- Month end/weekly reporting and reconciliations
- Produce and reconcile PAYG Payment Summaries and submit Tax File Declaration File to Australian Taxation Office
- Complete monthly payroll tax and super lodgement
- Liaise with local tax offices - including lodging NZ PAYE monthly
- Annual workers compensation, insurance
- Review of locum invoices and reconciling to timesheets
- New hire payroll enrolment, employee detail maintenance in ENTO & Payroll System
- Interpretation of the Retail Award
- Administer parental leave pay, workers compensation and Income Protection payments
- Assist with annual audit
- Monthly payroll related GL reconciliations
- Role models the BN values behaviours tightknit, constantly improving and down to earth.
- Strong understanding of KPIs that you are delivering, and sharing suggestions and ideas for improving performance with your manager and the broader team on a regular basis
- Supports the wider team in fulfilling their roles and upskilling new team members when required
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively
- Demonstrates sound judgement when making decisions or advising others
- Self aware of strengths and areas for improvement
- Self development plan in place and proactively working on it with support of Manager
- Demonstrates drive to improve self and BN
- Able to stay calm and constructive in all interactions
- Demonstrates resilience, integrity and professionalism
- You have 3+ years experience in processing end-to-end payroll
- Sound knowledge of payroll process and associated factors impacting on pay, entitlements, conditions and procedures
- Knowledge of statutory requirements in Australia and New Zealand
- Analyse and interpret underlying Awards/ Enterprise Agreements to ensure compliance with relevant instruments and National Employment Standards
- Advanced ability to use corporate payroll systems for 400 - 500 employees with prior exposure to Sage Micropay and ENTO being advantageous
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work to payroll deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and G-Suite products
- Exposure to retail or service related businesses an asset
What’s In It For You
- The opportunity to be part of a growing international business and to help BN achieve its vision of being the most loved brand in optometry & eyewear
- An inspiring culture and work environment - 90% of our team said they would recommend working at BN to others in our 2020 engagement survey
- Generous BN product allowance for all team members