Bailey Nelson (BN) is in a high growth phase and we are in search of a Talent Acquisition Manager to join us in this newly created role. This role will manage recruitment for BN Australia & New Zealand for all permanent roles including Assistant Store Managers, Store Managers, Optometrists and the Support Office (low volume). This is a stand alone role reporting to the Head of People within the People team. You will be expected to contribute to defining the talent sourcing strategy for BN and to do the hands on delivery of recruitment. Your success will come from establishing relationships with key Retail Leaders and understanding the BN business and the nuances of what makes a great Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager or Optometrist for BN. You are passionate about the recruitment process and take pleasure from finding the right person while providing a great candidate experience.
BN provides eyecare services and eyewear products. We exist to make looking after your eyes a joy, not one of life's chores. Our mission is to provide eyecare without trade offs meaning that our customers have the luxury of not needing to choose between style, quality, value, optometry care and good service. BN was founded in 2012 at Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia and we’re growing quickly in all markets. We employ over 650 people globally and have 52 stores with more to come in Australia and NZ. The Sydney Support Office is a great work environment on Commonwealth St, Surry Hills.
- Constantly Improve - We set big goals and take initiative to improve BN and the customer experience.
- Down to Earth - We are comfortable being ourselves and create places where people want to be through our warmth, humility, confidence and respectfulness.
- Tight-knit - We achieve as a team.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for candidates, providing first line screening, managing interview schedules for candidates and hiring managers
- Manage recruitment reporting, job posting and pre-employment screening activities
- Proactively promote careers at BN to build the pipeline of role applicants in relevant channels
- Define and drive BN employer branding initiatives
- Upload, build on and maintain an internal talent pool / database of relevant candidates
- Manage relationships with hiring managers and candidates, ensuring an experience aligned with the BN values of down to earth, tightknit and constantly improving
- Serve as a trusted advisor to hiring managers by providing great service, understanding the business, understanding the talent needs required and having a solid grasp of ideal culture alignment
- Hold the standard on quality of hires working collaboratively with the hiring manager
- Generate insights on the best recruitment channels, networks and sources for BN
- Find new and innovative ways to source talent, particularly for hard to fill / competitive roles
- Develop a suite of hiring tools and processes including well written job ads, employment perks, job postings on external channels, careers page updates
- Work with technical tools and systems that can create a more effective and efficient recruitment process
- At least 3 years of recruitment experience including working in an in house recruitment function
- Experience from retail or customer service industry or similar is an advantage
- Experience managing high-volume recruitment across a range of sites and locations
- Care more about quality and fit of the candidate than ticking off the role
- Able to build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Able to listen well to understand the needs of the role and suitable candidates
- Highly organised
- Able to engage in strategic thinking / planning as well as hands on delivery of all recruitment
- Sense of responsibility to deliver recruitment results
- Strong attention to detail
- Self driven with the ability to work autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication with strength in customer service
- Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Success with managing multiple priorities at a time
What's in it for you?
- Open to having a conversation about flexible working hours and location of work
- This is a new role and you get to make your mark on how BN recruits
- You'll enjoy all the people you work with in the Retail, Optometry and People Team
- The opportunity to be part of a growing international business and to help BN achieve its vision of being the most loved brand in optometry & eyewear
- An inspiring culture and work environment - 90% of our team said they would recommend working at BN to others in our 2020 engagement survey
- Generous BN product allowance for all team members
- Paid Parental Leave Scheme