We’re looking for an up and coming IT whiz in the Greater Toronto Area, eager to learn anything and everything that goes into scaling, developing, and operating a virtually-enabled global business operation.
Reporting to our IT Service Manager as our IT Systems Support you will be responsible for supporting the technological enablement of our optical retail business. The idea of playing a key role in ensuring we can successfully achieve our IT objectives excites you. This type of transformation means that the job is fast-paced and highly visible. To succeed, you rely on your strong attention to detail, client-focus and problem-solving and when it comes down to it: get stuff done attitude.
Provide expertise as the primary Retail technology support point person by:
- Fielding onsite tickets for level 1 support – computers and peripherals from location across Canada and the United Kingdom
- Evaluating support tickets for trends and proactively implementing fixes
- Support crucial Security & Compliance projects tied to PCI compliance implementation and IT security improvements
- Assist as a resource on projects as needed and time permits such as new store openings or UAT testing
- Creating process, training and documentation for IT self service and better ways of working.
Key Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelors degree, computer science an asset
- Minimum 3 years work experience in Tier 1 Tech support role
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and easily
- Strong command of the English language & exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to think outside the box and problem solve in the moment
- Ability work independently and learn through trial and error/testing
- Understanding of or interest in learning Retail & POS, supply chain and business intelligence systems
- Experience with both Apple and PC operating systems and applications
- Familiarity with the Google Workspace Environment
- Having medical / optimetrical systems experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Wink and WinkEMR practice management software a plus
- Be capable of effectively managing multiple demands from a variety of sources
- Takes personal initiative to improve processes and develops new approaches to tasks
- Proactive and resourceful
- Understand and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Takes direction and responds well to change
- Assumes ownership and accountability for work
- Enthusiastic about giving & receiving feedback
- Have access to reliable transportation within GTA for regional store visits
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply now! We look forward to meet you soon!!