Bailey Nelson is looking for a casual Optical Assistant for our Claremont store!
Put simply, we believe that buying glasses should be one of life’s pleasures, not an expensive hassle. Deeply rooted in our values of Constantly Improve, Tightknit and Down to Earth, we’ve created an environment where you can thrive. Bailey Nelson is not your typical eyewear company. Founded in Australia in 2012, we set out to create the future of eyecare. We do that by creating beautiful, affordable eyewear sold in inviting stores that are staffed by incredible people.
Our Optical Assistants are passionate about changing the eyewear industry through exceptional customer experience and making a difference in the lives of their patients. We are currently seeking an amazing and an enthusiastic individual to join our Claremont store team.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Build Customer Rapport
- Go above and beyond excellent customer service at all times for every Bailey Nelson customer
- Spread the Bailey Nelson culture in an authentic and genuine way with your customers
- Find the best and most suitable Bailey Nelson products for your customers
Engage With Your Team
- Be part of an incredible team of enthusiastic, customer driven managers, optometrists, optical stylists and dispensers
- Grow personally and professionally by exhibiting the Bailey Nelson core values in all that you do
- Cultivate a strong bond with your store team members and the Bailey Nelson family
Drive Your Business
- Better the eyewear industry by running and developing your store as part of a new and exciting business model
- Be passionate and commit to delivering the best service in the eyewear and optometry industry
- Work in collaboration with your store team members to maximize your store profits
Skills & Experience:
- You have at least 2 years experience in retail or customer service role
- You have strong organization and time management skills in a retail environment
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have good computer literacy and numeracy skills
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced retail setting and can demonstrate the ability to multitask
- You always focus on your customers and are flexible and adaptable with your customer’s needs
- You embrace individuality by being honest and helping people find their look
- You always respect different ideas, opinions, and personalities
- You are always brimming with enthusiasm and positive energy
- You are a pro-active, driven, passionate and team player aiming to better yourself and those around you
- You use your own initiative with projects and ideas for marketing, efficiency and process improvements
- Previous optical experience preferred, but not a must
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you, submit your resume now!