Regional Manager – NSW
Bailey Nelson is hiring a Regional Manager in Sydney, leading a region of 6+ stores across Sydney and Newcastle. This role is part of the Retail Leadership Team and reports into our Business Coach for NSW, ACT, WA,SA & NT.
As a Bailey Nelson Regional Manager, you take full accountability for the performance of all Store Managers, Optometrists, and Store Locations within your region. You are passionate about helping your team be the best they can be, and you are dedicated to training, developing and providing feedback to your team to support their performance and growth.
You live and breathe the BN values, and together with your team ensure these are upheld at all times. You are committed to delivering results through your relentless focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience and are always looking for opportunities to deliver better financial outcomes for your region.
- Bailey Nelson (BN) started in 2012 at the Bondi markets and has grown into an international optometry and eyewear provider in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the UK.
- BN’s purpose is to bring the joy to eye care and our vision is to become the most loved brand in optometry and eyewear.
- BN’s values shape our culture and our everyday actions - we celebrate being tight-knit, being down to earth and constantly improving ourselves and BN’s customer experience.
- Take responsibility for optical knowledge standards in region and take action to increase (BN Ocular reporting, rostering for training, competency check ins, training events scheduled, work with L&D team for scheduled sessions)
- Set the standard for excellent customer service in your region by suggesting improvements, creating it as a focus for Store Managers/ Optometrists and resolving any issues that may occur
- Solid BN product knowledge including frames, accessories, contact lenses and lens types
- Use data in the executive summary, NPS reporting, team feedback, customer commentary, external market reviews, industry insights to find ways to improve the region and implement the improvements with teams
- Review your stores’ rosters to ensure they are using smart rostering and ongoing wage control and find a way to better manage wages and implement with manager support
- Has an improvement plan for the region and knows what to focus on to drive results
- Ensures all stores operate to BN guidelines and standards including service, visual merchandising, POS processing etc
- Assists the team to run efficient / organised stores
- Ensures regions up to date with tasks and meeting operational deadlines
- Has a plan for how time is used to service key objectives
- Works closely with the Business Coaches
- Thinks ahead about recruitment needs - has a pipeline of talent and succession plan for region
- Upskills team to perform to their best using coaching
- Demonstrates sound judgement when recruiting, choosing optoms / SM pairs, dealing with issues in the team and takes accountability for the actions / decisions
- Communicates effectively to create focus and clarity in region
- Ensures that team training plans are in place and the store managers keep this in focus
- Development plans are in place, progress has been made on plans and actively delegates tasks to foster growth
- Delivers meaningful performance review conversations and teaches managers how to do this
- Ensures the team is motivated at work and there is a strong morale across the region
- Champions change by being across the detail and setting a positive the tone
- Resolves team issues including misconduct and performance
- Personally role models the values and behaviours
- Demonstrates drive to improve self, region and BN
- Establishes and leads in group forums
- Self aware of strengths and areas for improvement
- Self development plan in place and proactively working on it with support of team / managers
- Able to stay calm and constructive in all interactions with team and customers
- Demonstrates resilience
- Operates with integrity
- Operates with professionalism
- Customer experience NPS scores, sales to budget, wage control and the talent pipeline in region for Store Manager / Assistant Store Manager roles
- You are aligned with the BN values Tight-knit, Down to Earth and Constantly Improving
- You have a minimum of 2 years managing a multi-store region, or 2 years managing a large volume and format retail store
- Intermediate to advanced optical skills are a huge advantage
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent time management, with motivated and autonomous approach to tasks
- Strong Excel and analytical skills, or demonstration of fast learning in this area
- Strong and consistent customer service
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to manage large teams and/or wide range of personalities
- Ability to work with several other teams
What is in it for you / Benefits
- The opportunity to be part of a growing international business and to help BN achieve it’s vision of being the most loved brand in optometry & eyewear.
- An inspiring culture and work environment - 90% of our team said they would recommend working at BN to others in our 2020 engagement survey
- The ability to work in environment where we genuinely care about the service we give to our customers, and this is reflected in our weekly NPS scores
- Generous BN product allowance for all team members
- A generous bonus structure to reward you for hitting your key KPIs
If you have just read about your dream job, don't delay - send us your CV and a cover letter outlining why you would be the PERFECT FIT for this role before it is too late!