Bailey Nelson is hiring a Merchandise Administrator / Allocator in Sydney. This role is part of the Product Team and reports into our Merchandise Manager.
As a Bailey Nelson Merchandise Administrator / Allocator you bring the joy to eyecare by ensuring our customers have access to the full range of products in store/ online and by providing system and product service support to BN store & Merch team members.
- Bailey Nelson (BN) started in 2012 at the Bondi markets and has grown into an international optometry and eyewear provider in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the UK.
- BN’s purpose is to bring the joy to eyecare and our vision is to become the most loved brand in optometry and eyewear.
- BN’s values shape our culture and our everyday actions - we celebrate being tightknit, being down to earth and constantly improving ourselves and BN’s customer experience.
- Maintain effective relationships with global retail teams, including efficient management of the Merch Inbox to drive timely responses/ resolutions to all queries
- Deliver the Inventory Allocation Strategy set by the Merch Planning Team to ensure stock is optimised and in the right volumes at the right time in the right location
- Own the end to end replenishment process for global store networks; gains understanding of regional trends and local needs and communicates back to the Merch / Planning Team
- Represent the Merch Team in NSO (New Store Opening) meetings, liaising with relevant teams and driving tasks associated with successful opening of new stores
- Provide effective support to the Merch Team through reporting and analysis, including planned weekly, monthly, quarterly cadence and ad hoc requests
- Own and manage the system processes associated with product /master data changes, inventory movements and stocktake investigations, supporting Merch Planning & Production
- Taking direction from Merch Team, deliver required tasks in a timely manner, adhering to deadlines and with the ability to work under pressure or with changing priorities
- Role models the BN values behaviors tightknit, constantly improving and down to earth
- Strong understanding of KPIs that you are delivering, and sharing suggestions and ideas for improving performance with your manager and the broader team on a regular basis
- Supports the wider team in fulfilling their roles and upskilling team members when required
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively
- Demonstrates sound judgement when making decisions or advising others
- Self aware of strengths and areas for improvement
- Self development plan in place and proactively working on it with support of Manager
- Demonstrates drive to improve self and BN
- Able to stay calm and constructive in all interactions
- Demonstrates resilience, integrity and professionalism
- Able to work as part of and across a tightknit global team
- Core service level consistently at 95% of available stock
- Purchase orders GRN’d into Netsuite within 24 hours of receipt
- All store queries responded to within 24 hours
- Allocations and master data updates are accurate and processed in system on time
- Proficient in Excel with good numerical and analytical skills
- Competent in Google G Suite applications
- Retail knowledge & experience working with systems (NetSuite preferred but not essential)
- High level of attention to detail / working with large data sets
- Confident and clear communicator with strong organisational & time management skills
What’s In It For You
- The opportunity to be part of a growing international business and to help BN achieve its vision of being the most loved brand in optometry & eyewear
- An inspiring culture and work environment - 90% of our team said they would recommend working at BN to others in our 2020 engagement survey
- Generous BN product allowance for all team members